Alverton Singers perform songs to suit everyone’s taste. Our repertoire includes classical music, songs from the shows, spirituals, sacred music, folk arrangements and modern popular classics.
We hold lively rehearsal sessions every Wednesday in the Cottage Meeting Room at Northallerton Methodist Church between 7.15 and 9.15 pm. All female singers over the age of eleven are welcome!
If you’d like to join, please either e-mail us for details or simply turn up to a rehearsal on a Wednesday evening. We’ll be happy to see you!
Some of our varied repertoire includes:
- John Rutter – The Lord Bless You and Keep You
- Faure – Cantique de Jean Racine and Pie Jesu
- Bob Chilcott – Catch a Falling Star
- Suo Gan – traditional Welsh lullaby arranged by John Foster
- Gerschwin – Summertime
- Simon and Garfunkel – Bridge over troubled water
- Ben E. King – Stand by me
- Schonberg – Medley from ‘Les Miserables’
- Mendelssohn – Lift thine eyes
- Gospel music including Wayfarin Stranger, Steal Away and Poor Little Jesus
- Folk/Traditional music
…and these are just a few pieces!
Concerts & Social Events
We aim to do two or three concerts per year, plus any other charity events or celebrations that we are invited to.
We also try to get together for a singing weekend away at least once a year. In previous years, we’ve been to Scarhouse in Cumbria, The Jonas Centre in Redmire and Cober Hill in Scarborough.
Here are some photos from previous concerts and weekends away.